Around the nation, more than 124,000 schools are closed or are scheduled to close, impacting more than 55.1 million students.
Chances are that the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has impacted your family and your kids are at home indefinitely.
As families evaluate how to keep their children safe and healthy while still learning, here are some of my recommended educational resources to navigate these unique times, including printables – my toddler schedule, worksheets for toddlers on letters, shapes, and numbers, and at-home scavenger hunt.
Here are a few of my favorite resources to help you get through motherhood during this crisis:
- VIRTUAL SCAVENGER HUNT: Here’s a free Home Scavenger Hunt I created (to download them, simply click below and select File > Print)!
Virtual Classes and Events
- PINTEREST: Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- GOOGLE DOCS: Virtual Class Schedule to Keep Your Toddler Busy During Self-Quarantine Time — by Allysa Axelband Hassid, a former educator (14 years experience), current elementary school tutor, consultant, SAHM.
- HISAWYER.COM: Treasure Trunk Theatre — super fun, live, and FREE online classes, broadcasted via Facebook Live. a live imagination
- CALENDARKIDDO.COM: Daily Classes — Drop-in classes and events catering to children between 0 – 5 years old.
- ABC MOUSE: ABCmouse.com helps kids learn to read through phonics, and teaches lessons in math, social studies, art, music, and much more
- KHAN ACADEMY KIDS: Learning is joyful with Khan Academy Kids! Their award-winning app includes thousands of educational activities, books, songs, and games for toddlers.
- CIRCLE TIME: Circletime Fun offers kids classes from home that you can either watch on-demand or participate in live. Each class is led by an expert instructor and geared toward children ages 0-6. Registration is required to access the classes but is free with this code: homefun1.
- ABCYA: ABCya offers more than 400 educational games for children in grades Pre-K through 6. Games are categorized by grade and subject, and families can access all ABCya’s regular games and videos with a free subscription.
- BRAIN POP: BrainPOP provides animated interactive lessons, quizzes, and games for core subjects and a variety of electives.
- PBS: Stream your favorite new PBS shows — and ones from the archives!
If you have any suggestions for show topics or guests I should invite on the show or are seeking advice with your personal journey through pregnancy or parenting or just want to say hi, II’d love to hear from you. Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, always trust your mom sense. Stay strong, supermamas! See you next time.