You will never get your pre-pregnancy bod back after kids (your body will never be the same, but your life will be more full!) and we must understand that celebrities like Heidi Klum and Kate Middleton are anomalies. According to an article in Cosmopolitan, there are 9 realistic ways to snap back.
I am joined by Dr. Pinkey Patel, who knows all too well about what it truly means to “snap back” and has an app called exactly that – The Snap Back – Your Personal Postpartum Assistant. She is a Clinical Pharmacist with 8 years of experience in personal training, as well as a Pre and Post-Natal Corrective Exercise Specialist and is the founder of The SnapBack. She has an expressive three-year-old daughter who has inherited her strong will, love for books, and total inability to sit still. Aside from her full-time job and family, her passion lies in preparing women for birth, the postpartum period, and helping develop thriving moms and thriving babies.
As an exclusive promo for my listeners, enter promo code MOMSENSE20 for 20% off any package! Here’s how to do it.
- Head to app.thesnapback.com.
- Click Join Now, create and activate account.
- On the menu bar, select upgrade, select a premium plan & click “Try 7 days for free.”
- Apply the promo code: MOMSENSE20.
- Head to the App Store or Play Store and download the mobile App and login!
You may get these two questions frequently, here are the answers.
For other questions, they can always go to www.thesnapback.com/FAQ
- Q: Can I use this promo code directly on the Apple and Google Play Store?
- A: The promo codes can only be applied on the website only (mobile devices are fine!). They can definitely download the App after to begin using!
- Q: How late in postpartum can you use this?
- A: YES! Once postpartum, always postpartum. Our workouts restore from the inside out and since recovery for the core and pelvic floor is often completely skipped, this is a great way to start or supplement to existing workouts. The mom/baby articles stop at 12 weeks, however the workout plan is 14 weeks for a vaginal delivery, and 16 weeks for a c-section delivery.
Meet My Guest:
- WEBSITE: TheSnapBack.com
- APP: The SnapBack App
- INSTAGRAM: @fitpinkrx
- YOUTUBE: The Snapback
- FACEBOOK: @SnapBackWithUs
- PINTEREST: @TheSnapBack
- HEATHLINE: 17 Natural Ways to Boost Fertility
- 02:00 – Introduction
- 04:08 – Taking a step back
- 06:00 – The origination of Pinkey’s pregnancy passion
- 09:34 – From pregnancy onwards
- 14:30 – Nutrition
- 19:41 – Number one question as a pharmacist
- 23:01 – What to expect during post-partum recovery
- 29:51 – Pre-pregnancy bodies
- 31:21 – Incorporating nutritional reserve-backup diets
- 37:41 – “Keep breastfeeding — you’ll lose the weight”
- 43:01 – Nervous system control
- 45:33 – A strategic recovery plan
- 50:00 – Do what you can with what you have
- AMAZON: T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers