Derived from the Sanskrit word “yuji,” meaning yoke or union, yoga is an ancient practice that brings together mind and body and spirit.
It incorporates breathing exercises, meditation and poses designed to encourage relaxation and reduce stress.
Practicing yoga is said to come with many benefits for both mental and physical health from reducing stress, inflammation and improves breathing, sleep, happiness, strength, flexibility, and mood.
My guest today is Rachel Welch, who is a women’s health advocate and post natal fitness pioneer and expert. Her life-elevating fitness method empowers women with the knowledge and skills to understand, heal and embody motherhood from the inside-out.
Revolution Motherhood™ Fitness Method merges Yoga, Soft Foam Rolling, PT, Pilates, Bootcamp and Breath into empowering, inspirational workouts. Rachel brilliantly fuses education, alignment and strength training into progressively challenging sequences so that you start to see and feel results immediately. Whether you are newly post baby, just beginning a workout routine, or have a strong fitness lifestyle, Rachel will maximize your workouts, tone your core, glutes, thighs and arms, and leave you feeling open, strong, balanced and confident.
Meet My Guest:
- BabyCaravan.com: Interview with Rachel Welch of Revolution Motherhood
- 01:34 – Introduction (what is Yoga?)
- 03:37 – What should pregnant women do to ensure a healthy and easy delivery?
- 04:45 – Learning to adapt and change your practice
- 05:17 – How Rachel began her journey
- 09:40 – Postnatal recovery
- 12:01 – The importance of physical therapists
- 14:20 – Creating a mindful strength training practice
- 17:50 – Recovery
- 19:00 – Your body is a pressure chamber
- 21:05 – Your pelvic floor
- 22:40 – Yoga triggers weight loss
- 24:45 – Two of Rachel’s top ‘Mom Sense’ moments
- 26:14 – Quote of the Day
- 27:47 – Mom Haul
- OPTP: Soft Foam Roller