A common theme moms face during postpartum is not being able to recognize ourselves and feeling a sense of loss of our former identity. I wanted to be a mother more than anything, but even I went through these emotions in my head. I felt blessed to have kids, but also hated my body and how I had less time to myself, my work, and my interests. I remember looking in the mirror after I had my third baby (which was 18 months after I had delivered twins) and I just wanted to cry. I saw my weight gain and this puffy face looking back at me and I just didn’t feel like myself. If you have felt this way, know that you are not alone.
>On this episode, I am joined by Caroline Zwickson. She is a Certified Women’s Health & Life Coach and the creator of the Well Mama program.Caroline earned her Master in Counseling Psychology and obtained her Health Coach Certification from The Integrative Women’s Health Institute. She is a passionate mother who supports fellow moms in creating holistic and thriving health as they rediscover their identity as a woman and mother. Her focus is to help clients create optimal hormonal balance and discover true emotional well-being through functional nutrition, positive psychology, transformative life coaching tools, and lifestyle adjustments. With Caroline’s expertise and dedication, her clients discover what it truly means to flourish in motherhood and in life physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Caroline currently lives with her husband and two sons in San Francisco.
About My Guest:
- 3:19 – What is postpartum depression vs. postpartum anxiety
- 8:00 – Misdiagnosis due to a thyroid issue
- 10:00 – How your world changes post baby
- 13:00 – Rediscovering our new identity
- 14:50 – Self love vs. self honorship
- 16:00 – How our cycle is tied to the moon
- 18:00 – Nutrients you may be in deficient in during postpartum
- 20:00 – Postpartum diet and hormonal health
- 25:55 – Postpartum depression and anxiety resources
- 30:28 – Caroline’s mom sense moment
- 34:04 – Quote of the Day
- 36:00 – Mom Haul
- ARTICLE: Food Sensitivity Testing – Is it For You?
- ARTICLE: On Anger – From One Mom to Another
- ARTICLE: What is Seed Cycling
- FREE GIFT: Wheel of Life Exercise
- MOM HAUL: Beautycounter
- MOM HAUL: Halova Diaper Bag