Massage has numerous benefits for children including infant weight gain, stress and anxiety relief, motor development, and cognitive development. On this episode, I’m joined by Sweta Doshi, the founder of Bubbsi, a skincare brand for babies and toddlers. Leveraging her 10 years of experience working in strategy and marketing at major beauty and apparel brands, Sweta decided to solve a problem that all moms face — finding all-natural skincare for our babies. Drawing from her own experience when her daughter developed eczema as a newborn, Sweta explains that bathing our babies every day can be extremely drying on their skin, especially if they have sensitive skin or suffer from eczema, so parents should make massage the focal point of their bedtime routine. Listeners, enter promo code MOMSENSE10 for 10% off your first Bubbsi order.
About My Guest:
- 1:26 – Overview of the benefits of massage
- 3:00 – Meet Sweta Doshi, founder of Bubbsi
- 6:00 – Babies with eczema and doctor’s orders
- 8:15 – Skincare products for kids
- 11:15 – Sustainability element
- 12:40 – Massage is the new bath!
- 16:00 – Statistics about massage
- 17:45 – Did your cultural upbringing and ayurveda influence you?
- 19:20 – What is a good massage routine for kids
- 23:22 – Which is harder – being an entrepreneur or a mom?
- 25:55 – Sweta’s Mom Sense moment
- 27:15 – Mom Haul
You may recognize her from her roles on ABC’s medical drama Code Black, HBO’s The Brink and films including Love, Lies and Seeta and For Here or to Go which is currently on Netflix. What you may not know is that actor and producer Melanie Chandra is a wife and supermom to her 1-year-old daughter Arya. In our candid chat, we talk about how she and I first met during our pageant days over a decade ago, how she and her husband met, what it was like being pregnant and filming her latest project, Surina and Mel, and what she hopes to leave behind as her legacy her daughter.
About Our Guest:
- 1:23 – How Melanie and I met over 10 years ago
- 3:00 – How Melanie broke into the entertainment industry
- 6:10 – Why Melanie decided to become a producer
- 8:00 – What it’s like being a #woc in entertainment
- 10:56 – How Melanie and her hubby met
- 14:03 – Building a Family
- 15:50 – Trying to find work while pregnant
- 18:29 – Working with her best friend on “Surina and Mel”
- 20:10 – A day in the life as a mother, wife, actor, and producer
- 24:01 – Pitching with Kal Penn and being on the road
- 26:10 – Balancing a social life with a baby
- 28:32 – Advice for moms who want to break into the industry
- 29:50 – It takes a village – professionally and personally
- 31:08 – Hospital for Hope charity
- 33:42 – Melanie’s Mom Sense moment
- 35:44 – Quote of the Day
- 36:47 – Mom Haul