When you think of tissues, you think of Kleenex.
When you think photocopy, you think of Xerox.
And when you think swaddle blanket, you think of aden + anais.
These companies have held the greatest market share for the products they manufacture, so much so, they’ve become part of our daily vocabulary as synonyms for their products.
Shortly after a new mother gets wheeled into her recovery room after labor and delivery, she’s handed her newborn baby, who’s fresh and clean from the nursery, and gets a crash course on swaddling. Pediatricians, nurses, and trusted moms the world over swear by aden + anais, which are breathable, muslin blankets to swaddle your little one to sleep.
Today I am honored to have with me, the powerhouse behind this iconic baby lifestyle brand, who is a serial entrepreneur, author, wife, mother to four daughters, and thought leader, Raegan Moya-Jones.
Raegan Moya-Jones is the CEO and co-founder of aden + anais. She founded the company with an initial investment of $15,000 in start-up capital in 2003, and grew it to $100 million business. The company sells over 2,000 products in 68 countries and has clients like Beyonce, Jennifer Garner, DJ Khaled, Neil Patrick Harris, and the Duchess of Cambridge, to name a few.
Raegan was named an Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2014 and aden + anais was named to the Crain’s New York Business “Fast 50” list for three consecutive years and was recognized for a 338% growth rate and reported revenue of $41.7 million in 2013.
Raegan most recently co-founded Saint Luna, a premium moonshine brand.
She sits on the board of directors for Hopeland, a nonprofit created to pioneer innovative solutions and build new partnerships to prevent family separation, reunify children, and mobilize a movement of families to support children who are growing up outside of family care.
She is the author of “What it Takes: How I Built a $100 Million Business Against the Odds” and lives in Brooklyn with her husband and four daughters.
About My Guest:
- 4:20 – Growing up in Australia, walking off the beaten path
- 5:28 – Working in sales and growing her side-hustle to become her full-time gig
- 7:20 – When did you have your aha moment to launch aden + anais?
- 9:30 – Tell us about the supply chain and how you created your quality product?
- 12:00 – Sleep deprivation as a mother and entrepreneur
- 18:00 – Who’s in your village and team?
- 23:00 – The most important facet to a successful business
- 29:00 – Has motherhood changed you?
- 34:00 – What is it like raising four daughters in the digital age of social media?
- 40:00 – From aden + anais to Saint Luna moonshine
- 46:00 – What inspired you to write your memoir?
- 48:00 – What advice do you have for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 48:54 – What was your mom sense moment?
- 51:00 – Teaching children to not feel entitled
- 52:45 – Quote of the Day