As the adage goes, “Nine months on; nine months off.” It takes about 9 months to put on the baby weight during pregnancy, and roughly that amount of time to lose it. But for many women, it’s not that easy. I know I can relate after having my twins! Now imagine having the added pressure of being in the spotlight on TV, which sadly does add 10 lbs, all while juggling life with a new baby.
Today, I’m interviewing someone who has done it all and more, Mara Schiavocampo. She’s a three-time Emmy Award winning correspondent for ABC News based in New York, chart-topping podcast host, and best-selling author of her memoir “Thinspired,” which documents how she lost 90 pounds after her first child. Unbelievable! Mara is a longtime member of the National Association of Black Journalists. She lives in New York with her husband, two children, and their rescue dog.
She’s here to tell us her story and give us some tips along the way. Get ready to get thinspired!
Meet My Guest:
- WEBSITE: MaraSchiavocampo.com
- INSTAGRAM: @marasampo
- TWITTER: @marascampo
- FACEBOOK: @marascampo
- PODCAST: Motivated
- 2:23 – Tell us what it was like growing up as Mara
- 4:30 – What was your family life like living all over the world?
- 6:30 – What life is like working in the #1 market in the US as a broadcast journalist
- 10:40 – Your motherhood journey
- 14:50 – Weight issues and the expectations women have to deal with
- 16:00 – What’s your take on the “snap back”?
- 17:30 – Describe the weight loss experience after having your baby
- 19:50 – Did you set goals?
- 20:00 – Was there added pressure to lose weight because you were on air?
- 22:37 – Tell us your trade secrets – how did you lose the weight?
- 23:40 – What is your new diet like?
- 25:40 – What were the benefits you felt early on?
- 27:30 – Snacking and meal prepping
- 28:50 – Finding the perfect workout for you
- 30:00 – Did you workout with your baby?
- 30:30 – What are your kids like?
- 32:40 – How do your kids humble you?
- 34:04 – How has motherhood changed you?
- 35:59 – Mom Sense moment
- 36:37 – Mom Haul
- 37:50 – Quote of the Day