For so many families, the exodus of moving to the suburbs to live the “American Dream” with their 2.5 kids, dog, and white picket fence is a thing of the past. They’re trading in the backyard, garage, and minivan for balconies, a doorman, and Citi bikes…with no regrets.
Patrice Poltzer is a bonafide city mom who has raising kids in the city down to a science. A former Emmy-nominated TODAY show producer, she is the founder of Patrice Poltzer Creative, a video production house, as well as the co-founder of CityKin, a parenting site that celebrates raising kids in the city by way of advice, community, and inspiration for families around the world.
About Our Guest:
- 2:30 – Patrice talks about her childhood, how she met her husband, and her life in NYC
- 5:00 – Patrice tells us about a CityKin, an online community for city families
- 7:11 – Pros and cons of living in the city
- 13:30 – Patrice walks us through a day in her life
- 16:22 – Are most city parents more free-range in their parenting styles?
- 20:00 – Do you take extra safety or precautionary measures for your kids?
- 23:00 – Can you shed light on moms who chose to leave the suburbs for the city
- 26:01 – What problems does CityKin solve for city parents?
- 32:20 – Patrice shares her “mom sense” moment