I often compare life to a pie and how many pieces of the pie are dedicated to our various priorities be it our family, relationships, our work life, our homes, and our self-care and personal goals and so on.
Samantha Ettus wrote her fifth book on exactly that: The Pie Life: A Guilt Free Recipe for Success and Satisfaction where she breaks down this metaphor to a granular level in such a compelling way. She is a bestselling American author, speaker, TV contributor and syndicated radio host, widely known as a work life balance expert and successful businesswoman,
Since earning her undergraduate and MBA degrees from Harvard, Sam is a renowned speaker and host of a nationally syndicated call-in radio show and best-selling author of several books: The Experts’ Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do, The Experts’ Guide to Life at Home, The Experts’ Guide to Doing Things Faster, and The Experts’ Guide to the Baby Years. She writes a popular weekly work/life newsletter and penned a Washington Post Op-Ed that landed in the top 10 Op-eds in 2017.
As a dedicated champion of women, Sam has devoted her career to advocating and supporting women in the pursuit of their dreams. Thousands of women from C-level leaders to administrative assistants to moms returning to the workforce have benefitted from Sam’s unique guidance. In Sam’s quest to help women achieve financial independence, she launched Park Place Payments.
We delve into all of this and more – listen in!
Meet My Guest:
- WEBSITE: SamanthaEttus.com
- INSTAGRAM: @samanthaettus
- INSTAGRAM: @parkplacepayments
- TWITTER: @samanthaettus
- FACEBOOK: /parkplacepayments
- SAMANTHAETTUS.COM: Press Articles
- 02:00 – Introduction
- 04:45 – The better your life is, the better you are at being a better person
- 06:30 – Setting specific goals for yourself
- 10:00 – Kids and productivity
- 12:50 – Behind The New Way to Get Happy, Samantha’s TEDx talk
- 17:00 – How to inspire our kids to fulfill their potential
- 22:30 – Building communities
- 24:00 – Competitors
- 27:00 – Client-focused solution
- 32:30 – Taking pride in your work
- 33:00 – “Mom built”
- 38:20 – Growing up
- 48:00 – Early stages of child development
- 53:30 – Mom sense moment
- 55:00 – Quote to live by: “Don’t live life in the past lane”
- 55:45 – Mom Haul: Bandolier phone strap and Travel Esteem Steamer