Curating your child’s birthday party can be daunting even for those who are Etsy lovers with Pinterest boards galore and themes mapped out a year in advance – there’s the venue, guest list, invitations, decor, props, goody bags, food, entertainment, and cake! I decided to bring two incredible women on my show, Catherine Hildner and Allison Carter, who can help you become the hostess with your mostest when planning your little one’s big day!
Allison Carter lives in the Seattle area with her high school sweetheart, Ryan, and two kids, Evie and Hudson, and has always loved a party! She loves bringing people together and creating memorable experiences for her loved ones. Allison believes that every occasion, big or small, deserves to be celebrated, and she helps families do just that. With her business, Allison Carter Celebrates, she creates digital party and holiday planning guides that help families celebrate all of life’s occasions and holidays. while saving time, stress and money. She takes the stress of planning off your plate so her clients can focus on all the fun parts of hosting a beautiful party. Her Memories in Moments podcast has served thousands of families around the world, helping them turn up the volume on life’s little moments to create beautiful, lasting memories. She recently debuted her first physical product, Memories in Moments: Unwrapped, a holiday themed subscription box helping families bring her popular holiday celebration guides to life! Allison and her business has been featured in Forbes, Better Homes and Gardens, Mingle Magazine, Motherly, and more.
Catherine Hildner is the creator, designer and heart and soul behind Kitty Meow Boutique (KMB). At Kitty Meow Boutique you can shop beautifully designed paper & party goodies based on your mood, witty or sweet. Whether you’re looking for something witty and even a little rude, or prefer sweet sentiments, she’s got you. Kitty Meow products, are FUN and fierce, and encourages women to take the bull by the horns in life.
You can snag these products on the KMB site or at an ever expanding list of retail shops throughout US & Canada. Catherine is also a wife, momma to two gorgeous little ladies, anchor-loving philanthropist, and self-proclaimed Customer Service Queen. She’s dedicated to bringing a little personality to the party and sharing what she knows with other creatives.
Meet My Guests:
- WEBSITE: KittyMeowBoutique.com
- INSTAGRAM: @KittyMeowBoutique
- FACEBOOK: /kittymeowboutique
- PRESS: KittyMeowBoutique.com/press
- WEBSITE: AllisonCarterCelebrates.com
- INSTAGRAM: @allisoncartercelebrates
- FACEBOOK: /allisoncartercelebrates
- 02:00 – Introduction
- 04:20 – Getting started with party planning
- 06:20 – Coming up with the concept behind Kitty Meow Boutique
- 08:30 – Who, What, Where, How (planning parties)
- 12:00 – The more you get to know yourself and your design style
- 14:00 – Making your invitations stand out
- 14:14 – Details behind materials
- 21:20 – “Two things I love most in the world”
- 23:45 – Quote of the day: “If it’s not a ‘hell yes’ it’s a ‘f*** no'”
- 25:37 – Mom Haul