The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) encourages parents to share meditation with their children and teachers to incorporate mindfulness training into their lesson plans. The simple act of teaching children how to stop, focus, and just breathe could be one of the greatest gifts you give them.
My guest, Jackie Stewart, is fascinated with the human mind and understanding how our perceptions impact our present experience. Inevitably, through studying the mind, she began to understand the interrelated nature of our shared humanity and need for connection. With an MA in Media, Culture, and Communication from NYU, a background in the fashion and entertainment industries, as well as being a certified meditation instructor, she works at bringing mindfulness to everyday life in a practical and approachable way. She can be found teaching meditation at MNDFL, NYC’s premier meditation studio; Journey LIVE, the first live stream meditation app; Alo Moves, Alo’s online training platform from the world’s top instructors; and as a contributing writer for Rose & Rex on intentional and mindful parenting.
Meet My Guest:
- JOURNEY MEDITATION: A Model for Approaching Life’s Challenges with Honesty and Gentleness
- 03:00 – The benefits of meditation
- 06:57 – Our inner narrative
- 07:18 – Difference between meditation and mindfulness
- 12:55 – Checking in ourselves
- 19:02 – Breathing
- 29:01 – Improving attentiveness and impulse control
- 33:00 – How to guide your child through meditation (wave breaths exercise)
- 42:15 – Taking deep breaths
- 47:15 – Quote to live by
- 47:58 – Mom Haul