Today’s episode is about how beauty is skin deep. According to Catalyst.org, women of color will be the majority population in the US by 2060. Isn’t it incredible to think our world population is continuing to evolve.
I am excited to chat with my guest today who’s an accomplished black entrepreneur in the global beauty industry. We’re going to cover colorism and racism in society, how brands are changing the narrative to accommodate all ethnicities and embrace a full range of skin tones, how to support black lives matter, and she’ll share her favorite products with us for every season.
Nyakio (Nee Kay Oh) Kamoche Grieco is the founder of nyakio™, an award-winning collection of prestige skincare products inspired by beauty secrets she discovered through her family, friends and world travels. Her interest in beauty, coupled with a yearning to be an entrepreneur, prompted Nyakio to thoroughly research the cosmetics industry, leading her to the realization that while many cultures were represented, the sophistication of Africa was missing. She decided to not only fill the void in the market, but also honor her heritage by bottling Africa’s timeless beauty traditions, as well as traditions from across Asia, Europe and India.
Nyakio’s authentic story and her one-of-a-kind products, which are must-haves of Hollywood’s elite, provide an enriching and luxurious experience that leaves the skin more youthful-looking. The products are available at Target.com.
Nyakio lives in Los Angeles with her husband, renowned sculptor David Grieco, daughter Lulu, son Rocco and dog Summer.
Meet My Guest:
- WEBSITE: nyakio.com
- INSTAGRAM: @nyakiobeauty
- TWITTER: @
- FACEBOOK: /nyakiobeauty
- LINKEDIN: Nyakio Grieco
- TARGET: nyakio Skincare Uncover Global Beauty Secrets Collection
- OPRAH MAG: 25 Black-Owned Businesses You Can Support Right Now
- REFINERY29: I’m A Black Entrepreneur Working To Keep My Husband, Children, & Business Alive — & I’m Exhausted
- ELLE: 22 Black-Owned Skincare Brands To Support Now And Forever
- 21 SEEDS: Fresh Fruit Infused Tequila
- TEN PERCENT: Ten Percent Happier Meditation App
- AMAZON: Honey Pot Feminine Wipes
- AMAZON: Inward by Young Pueblo