What’s the most dreaded place to organize in your kitchen? Could it be…your pantry? Well, don’t fret. It’s not as bad as you think. Here’s what I did to keep our pantry clutter-free and organized (especially since it serves as storage for condiments, lentils, baby food, snacks, the works!)
- Empty It Out
- I know this may seem tedious, but believe me, when all the things in your pantry are out there in the open, you’ll feel inclined to get rid of unnecessary items. And, believe me, the final outcome will feel liberating!
- Organize Into Sections
- Create sections within the pantry (e.g. lentils, cereal, pasta, condiments, baby food, snacks). Keep unused items and lighter items up top, the ones you reach for all the at eye level, and cleaning supplies on the bottom.
- Buy glass canisters to store food – they’re BPA-free and allow you to see how much you have of something at a glance.
- Use bins for other perishables, pastas, condiments, spices, etc.
- Label Everything
- Use chalkboard labels and a white chalkboard pen to label everything. It’ll look oh-so Pinterest-worthy when you’re done!