What if there was a kids’ clothing brand that was sustainable (both the product + packaging), made kids feel like a superhero, sparked their imagination, and taught them to love our planet? Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, it exists. It’s called Living Loudly.
Living Loudly encourages parents to “create moments that matter” with their kids. Let me walk you through the process because it’s pretty awesome.
1) Log on to the website, www.livingloudly.com, and have your kiddo select a t-shirt. The tees come in fun colors, feature a cute character on the front, and they’re unisex! The shirts are super soft as they’re made of 100% organic cotton + bamboo and they won’t shrink or fade in the wash. They’re ideal for hand-me-downs or donations, which is inherently sustainable and a bonafide #momwin.
2) Next, you’ll receive a capsule delivered to your doorstep. My kids were so intrigued and couldn’t wait to open it. The capsule itself can be reused for small toys, a pretend rocket ship or you can recycle it because it’s 100% biodegradable.
3) Inside you’ll find a piece of paper with a story about the character on the t-shirt like Everett the Elephant or Trevor the Tiger. This promotes literacy and allows parents and kids to cultivate time for the joy of reading.
4) When they’re rocking their new shirt, your kiddo can have fun ripping up the seed paper that the story was printed on and plant the bits in potting soil.
5) Once the seeds sprout, you can transfer them to a larger pot. Now your kids can enjoy watching their very own garden of wildflowers grow!
To serve as an ongoing resource for parents, Living Loudly hosts virtual on-demand workshops that cover a range of topics from creating a calm + focused home to owning your unique parenting style to teaching gratitude and building emotional intelligence.
I had the pleasure of interviewing the founder, Shannon Murray-Doffo, on my podcast.
Shannon Murray-Doffo, is an award winning serial entrepreneur, marketing expert, and business strategist. Shannon spent over 13 years helping Fortune 10 companies strategize, build, and implement their marketing campaigns, culminating in launching her own brand in 2019, Living Loudly.
Shannon explains, “Living Loudly serves parents as a children’s clothing and lifestyle brand, helping parents realize they’re not alone and bringing a little more joy to the parenting experience.
Whether parents are picking out super-soft, eco-friendly apparel with their kids and cuddling up with a story, or taking one of her online workshops to get real support with their relationships, self-care, or parenting, Living Loudly puts connection at the heart of the business so parents (and their kiddos) can have a few more laughs and a few less bribes.”
According to LiveScience.com, “in a 2010 study of about 300,000 creativity tests going back to the 1970s, Kyung Hee Kim, a creativity researcher at the College of William and Mary, found creativity has decreased among American children in recent years. Since 1990, children have become less able to produce unique and unusual ideas. They are also less humorous, less imaginative and less able to elaborate on ideas, Kim said. Has modern society really extinguished the creative spark among our youth? Experts say creativity is innate, so it can’t really be lost. But it needs to be nurtured.”
This brand is getting us all off our screens, involving kids in the shopping process and practice decision-making, and is reminding us that some mundane tasks like buying kids clothes can be experiential and means to bond with our little ones.
As an exclusive BOGO offer, buy one item from LivingLoudly.com and receive the second 30% off with my code, MOMSENSE30.
Enjoy living loudly and making memories!