Kanika: In case our listeners don’t know, your children are very involved in their community. How do you inspire your kids to get involved?
Stephanie: I used to think that teaching my children generosity meant I had to put together these big, elaborate gestures to be meaningful. But the BEST form of generosity we can teach our children comes in the form of small, simple acts of kindness. The best part is these small acts can fulfill many purposes, making them a double win — a win for you and your child!
- Put together a care package for a neighbor
- Collect non-perishable items for a food pantry
- Set up a spare change jar in your home for a local charity
- Pick up trash around your neighborhood
- Find your local community garden and volunteer