As moms, we lead very busy lives and whether we’re working women or hold down the fort at home, there’s something that changes in us when we feel we look our best – it’s that mani/pedi, that blowout, or those perfect makeup essentials that take us from feeling drab to fab and ready to put ourselves out there and take on the world.
On today’s episode, we’re zeroing in on makeup essentials that enhance your natural beauty, are quick/easy, don’t take up much real estate in your cosmetic bag or diaper fanny pack, and most importantly have a patented packaging (they’re crayons guys, and who doesn’t love crayons — not just your kids) and unique formulas that give you a fresh, flawless face. The brand I’m talking about is Trestique and I’m here with the founder and Co-CEO, Jenn Kapahi.
Jenn grew up on her family’s organic farm on the North Fork. Besides working in the fields and on the retail stand, her side hustle was waitressing, starting a piano school, babysitting, working with the vet and doing makeup at Saks in Southampton. In college she studied fine art, played on the women’s soccer team and held 3 part time jobs.
Upon graduation, she worked at Bloomingdales and worked her way up to becoming the Assistant Store Manager of the Cosmetics Dept. responsible for 7 brands and 300 employees. She loved the world of makeup but disliked the lack of creativity in the retail sector, which led her to join the marketing team of a top global cosmetic manufacturer, then she moved to Revlon where she worked as a Global Product Developer, and finally, launched her own cosmetics brand, trèStiQue in June 2015.
- WEBSITE: Trestique.com
- INSTAGRAM: @trestique
- FACEBOOK: /trestique
- LINKEDIN: Trestique
- PINTEREST: @trestique
- INSTAGRAM: @jenniferkapahi
- FACEBOOK: /jennifer.adrienne
- LINKEDIN: Jennifer Kapahi
- INSTAGRAM: @sangleefarms (family’s farm)
- FORBES: How This Founder Turned Her childhood Hobby Into an Innovative Business
- HUFFPOST: Women in Business Q&A: Jennifer Kapahi, co-founder, treStiQue
- ENTREPRENEUR: ‘You Can Have It All, But It’s a Sh*t Show,’ Find These Two Beauty Industry Mavens
- MAKEUP: WCW: Jenn Kapahi, Founder of treStiQue, Shares Her Daily Makeup Routine
- THE STYLE LINE: Studio Visit: Jennifer Kapahi of treStiQue on Blending Beauty and Style
- THE LIFESTYLE EDIT: Back to Basics with Jennifer Kapahi, the Beauty Entrepreneur shaking Up the Makeup Game